Let’s face it, we all love a little bit (or a lot) of chocolate from time to time (or all the time…). But when you’re trying to stay fit and healthy, you usually find yourself limiting your chocolate intake. Bummer, right?
Good news, I have the perfect chocolaty delicious recipe for you! The best part, it’s healthy! Yes, chocolaty and healthy. I originally found this recipe on bodybuilding.com when I was looking for something that would satisfy my dessert cravings without completely destroying my healthy eating lifestyle. It’s simple (YAY!) and delicious! Perfect, right?!
Chocolate Protein Bars
1 cup Oat Flour
2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
4 Egg Whites
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Salt
½ cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
8oz Berry flavored Baby Food (I use Natural Apple Sauce, which works great too!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients (oat flower, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa)
together in a large bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal, Berry flavored Baby
Food, Water) together in a medium sized bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
5. Spray cooking dish with a non stick butter spray and add batter to dish.
6. Bake 20-30 minutes in oven.
Makes 16 Squares.
Serving Size: 2 bars.
Enjoy! And you don’t even have to feel guilty about it!